Price check on "Aisle 64"

Info, pictures, advice...
jbailey

Post by jbailey »

FWIW: S. O. G. is advertising (wholesale!) P-64s in unissued condition for $139.95, two or more, $129.95. Extra mags, $6.95 per. And get this, suggesting retail of $279! Kiss your local dealer's buttstock and see what he'll price them for you.
fjblackesq

Post by fjblackesq »

i GOT my THREE @ $129.95 from SOG: they are 1973s w/ "oval 11" & triangular hammers. They are new, unissued, cherry condition. I have put Wollf 16# trigger springs and the trigger pull is just like my Walther PPK!!!! Love 'em , excellent CCW shoot like a drfeam, as long as bullet is @ 92gr or lower!!!!!! Also got ZEE's aftermareket grips.
talon

Post by talon »

Hello CZAK,

What does the "Oval 11" signify?

Peace,
Tal~ 8-)
bartos061

Post by bartos061 »

Hi Talon, "11" in oval it is a sign of Radom factory which made all P-64. Ovals with numbers-that were standard signs of military profile factories during cold war. As You can see now they use other sign "FB" in triangle(this sign was used before WWII, You can see it on a grip of VIS(P.35) pistol)
http://www.fabrykabroni.pl/En/eindex.htm
Bartos
fjblackesq

Post by fjblackesq »

HI Talon--bartos061 got to you before i signed on. He is absolutely corrrect. I have been to RADOM, PL several toimes. Only got inside once - they seemed rather withdrawn and frankly unhospitable !!!!
talon

Post by talon »

Hello bartos061,

Thank you for the education. Very interesting history that comes with this little P-64. Ive learned much from all of your posts.

Peace,
Tal~ 8-)
talon

Post by talon »

Hello CZAK,

".....unhospitable" I bet, at least you were able to get in once for a tour. What was it like?

Peace,
Tal~ 8-)
fjblackesq

Post by fjblackesq »

Radom, PL is a small city (big town) about 100km south of Warsw!!! I inquired at the hotel about the factory and was given directions. There wasw no "tour'" of any production areas , You have just access to an administrative bulding (offices). Their marketing style/skills are much different than ours in USA, it is not like visiting the Coors brewery or Jack Daniels distil. I think they were a little suspicious of our intentions, they were polite, but reserved. Other times in Radom, Idid not even attempt to approach. By the way, no response to email!!
talon

Post by talon »

Hello CZAK,

I guess we are up late at night ;D

Interesting.

>>>By the way, no response to email!! <<< Im not sure what you meant here. They wouldnt respond to your emails, or have you emailed me and I havnt responded?? :)

Peace,
Tal~ 8-)
fjblackesq

Post by fjblackesq »

Tal: Sorry, I mean that they ( the factory) did not respond to my e3maiols when I emailed them to try to set up a tour on a return trip. Yeah, I am up late, it started to rain and woke me up, so I check out the net!!! cul, CZAK
jbailey

Post by jbailey »

Yesterday's SW Ohio show: Pristine P-64s, with two mags, asking $190!
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

Dealers in W. Ky, and S. In. are asking $179 _ $199 now. The last two I got were, one at a gun show in Fla. this past Dec for $150 w/ two mags, (1971) and a local dealer (W.Ky) this past Jan that was a trade in for $135 w/three mags, (1969) Same dealer is now asking $179 for another P-64 (1969) and it came from S.O.G. w/three mags, I am going to get it Monday, and put Zee's grips on it too.

PapaBear
POINT SHOOTER
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by abwehr »

If I don't hurry up and find me a 1972 P-64, I may wind up buying the one at my project site and have to pay the $225 asking price, LOL!
talon

Post by talon »

Hello CZAK,

No problem. Just wanted to make sure I didnt miss a email from you :)

Peace,
Tal~ 8-)
himmel
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by himmel »

Just to let ya'll know ( I also mentioned this on another thread)--There is a shop here selling a p-64 for $159--he also sells those little Zastava Mod 70s for $135, and has a postwar P-38, with holster, cleaning rod, extra mag for $289 I think. The P64 is in good shape, but the plastic mag floor extension has a big chip knocked out of it. I tried it, the DA pull was truly awful, with a real gritty feel to it, but SA was good enough. Do you have to change the recoil spring to make the CZAKs cycle reliably? I could live with the DA trigger as is, I would just cock it for the first shot and use it SA...