Need help with SINGLE ACTION pull.

Info, pictures, advice...
dutchuncle

Post by dutchuncle »

I shot my P-64 yesterday, and while it functioned flawlessly, I noticed the single action pull seemed lighter than before. I think originally it was 3.5 to 4 #, but yesterday it was only 1.5 to 2#. This is a bit too light for me, and after the heavy DA pull, it is too easy to set off the next shot without really intending to. The double action is at 18# since I cut 1 1/2 coils off the mainspring.

Can anyone tell me what can be done to increase the SA pull? Any idea why it is lighter than before?
b52stan

Post by b52stan »

Dutch, cutting the stock spring was not the best idea. Just get the16# PPK spring, and you'll be fine. DA will be less than 16#, and your SA should be only about 1/4 to 1/2 # less than it originally was.
Go to gunsprings.com. Click on Walther. Cost is $4 + $3.50 shipping. P/N is 25816.
Last edited by b52stan on February 6th, 2006, 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nimble1

Post by nimble1 »

Stan is right on the money..cutting the springs is the problem..get the Walther spring and you will be great.
fjblackesq

Post by fjblackesq »

inre: Dutchuncle: Replace the spring you "cut down" and install the walther 16# spring that you get from Wollf, not expensive and if you need help, check instrujctions here on the forum.
dutchuncle

Post by dutchuncle »

Thanks for the suggestions. Have ordered the Wolff spring, and will let y'all know how it works.