How many is to many?

Info, pictures, advice...
newgunner

How many is to many?

Post by newgunner »

Newgunner, please describe the condition of your SOG P64s. I intend to order two within a month. Thanks.
I just got finished cleaning the 3 I just picked up. The finish on all three was in good condition but had some minor scratches and such. One had a little light surface rust on the underside of the trigger. Remember these are surplus pistols that have been in storage for years.

I cleaned them up with Gun Scrubber spray, wiped them down, polished out the scratches and surface rust with the Dremel and small cotton buffing tip. Then went over them several times with Perma Blue followed by some WD-40. They all look brand new now. 8-)
rossman

How many is to many?

Post by rossman »

Newgunner, are these Tennessee Guns imports? I got two from SOG when they first got them about two years ago. They are stamped under the barrel w/ "TG Knox, TN 9 x 18 Poland". I'm gonna order two more soon and hope the import marks are small and under the barrel like my current two.
Last edited by rossman on February 19th, 2006, 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
newgunner

How many is to many?

Post by newgunner »

This was added by who every imported the Pistols.
They are stamped under the barrel forward of the trigger guard:

"Made in"
"Radom, Poland"
"TG Knox, TN"

On the side of the slide the factory stampings say:
"Makarov"
"9mm P-64"

The import company has added (indicated in red):
"Makarov Cal. "
"9mm x 18 P-64"

All 4 Pistols that I own have these markings. 1- came from AIM and the other 3 came from SOG.
Last edited by newgunner on February 18th, 2006, 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.