How many is to many?

Info, pictures, advice...
newgunner

How many is to many?

Post by newgunner »

Man I really like this little gun! I've changed the hammer spring to the Wolffe 16# spring and its like a new gun. This is my now my daily carry gun that lives in my inside coat pocket until my pager pal hoster arrives.

I'm thinking about buying two more before they disapear to keep in the gun safe. Am I crazy for thinking of buying more? I really never thought much about surplus pistols, I've always been a "Name Brand" pistol purchaser, but this little P-64 is the cats meow!
mikethewreck

How many is to many?

Post by mikethewreck »

Another reason to buy two or more is that parts are not easy to find. Some of us (abwehr amongst others) like owning multiple variations, there are 3 of the P-64 (see other threads). It may turn into a VERY good investment.
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

How many is to many?

Post by abwehr »

newgunner,

Yea, I collect military weapons in addition to shooting them too. The P-64 has Three (3) different variations and I have the First and Third variation so far. Once I get the Second variation, any other P-64s I buy will be for speculation. With any military weapon values, you never know which ones will increase or stay "staus quo" with value. My guess is that the P-64 is finally getting to be known, and there are only so many on the market. Since its popularity is increasing, I have seen the price already start to jump. My first one I paid $150, the second was $165. I think they are selling on the average about $150-$175, but I have seen them as high as $225 (ouch). I really think they will increase in value as the supply starts to drop, and I feel this is beginning to happen now. The P-64 may be like the East German Makarov and increase in price. With this Forum, we can get the correct information out about the pistol and not have to depend on Mak folks to praise the pistol. The P-64 has gotten bad press in the past from uneducated folks that knew nothing about the pistol except the DA pull was bad. Yes, the DA is hard, but we know WHY it is hard, and we KNOW HOW to remedy the problem with a $3 Spring! Now, the pistol is great!

I also just bought another Polish holster with cleaning rod for a great price too. The holsters, cleaning rods, and spare magazines are increasing in price when found on e-bay (yuck, but I do buy from them). "mickthewreck" is also correct about spare parts too. If you have multipel pistols, you can always keep one running. But from looking at the design, the parts, I don't hink we will have a major problem with parts breaking, but anything can break. I hope this helps with your questions! If not, keep asking!
warthog

How many is to many?

Post by warthog »

I have three. I like them and figure they will only go up as supplies drop. I paid $139 for them from AIM when they fist came in.
I am going to buy one more though, I want one of the hard chromes ones Classic Arms has on sale.

Pimp Daddy!
newgunner

How many is to many?

Post by newgunner »

I just ordered 3 more :). I figured one would make a good Christmas or B-day gift for my dad later on in the year. After all he is the one that started my obsession with hunting and collecting guns. I thanked him just the other day for having the nads to teach me to safely handle fire arms in my youth, great father son bonding time. I plan on passing down the same to my son.

Also going to order a chromed P-64 in the next few weeks!
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

How many is to many?

Post by abwehr »

newgunner,

I promise to be a good boy if you will put me on your Christmas list, LOL!!!!! I wish I had relatives like you.
mikethewreck

How many is to many?

Post by mikethewreck »

I can't help but think there are crates of lonely P-64's in Poland, waiting for a good home...
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

How many is to many?

Post by abwehr »

I hope they import all of them here, I still want MORE!
himmel
Veteran member
Veteran member

How many is to many?

Post by himmel »

I can't help but think there are crates of lonely P-64's in Poland, waiting for a good home...
That's a nice thought--hope Poland is not like France--I read once that there were warehouses full of those Mdle 1892 revolvers, just sitting around waiting to be exported or whatever--and the French chose "whatever" and destroyed them... :(
p64pro

How many is to many?

Post by p64pro »

Fear-not. At least for a while. I just talked to Beckey at S.O.G. and they still have a LARGE qty. at $139 or $129 each for 2 or more.
newgunner

How many is to many?

Post by newgunner »

Just picked up 3 from my FFL that I bought from Southern Ohio Guns. Now I have a family of four P-64's. ;D

The first one I bought through AIM was in the best condition, it is a perfect 1973 Model with a triangular hammer, this one I use for my daily carry gun. The hammer spring has been replaced and I'm waiting on the HK recoil spring.

The three I just received are:
1969 round hammer (dual action not too bad)
1973 triangular hammer (dual action has got to be 25+ lbs.)
1975 triangular hammer (dual action is better than the '69 and the single action is silky smooth.
rossman

How many is to many?

Post by rossman »

Newgunner, please describe the condition of your SOG P64s. I intend to order two within a month. Thanks.
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

How many is to many?

Post by abwehr »

The Two P-64s I bought from my dealer came from SOG and they are like new condition.
talon

How many is to many?

Post by talon »

Hello Newgunner, All.

I just asked my local firearms dealer two order me in two more.

This little p-64 is quite addicting! and thanks to this board and members youve been fueling this need. ;D

After all is said and done I'm gonna need a 12 step ;)

Peace,
Tal~ 8-)
mikethewreck

How many is to many?

Post by mikethewreck »

12 step is for addictions.

P-64's are a passion.

Big difference!