Up-date

Info, pictures, advice...
rinao272

Up-date

Post by rinao272 »

Picked up my P-64 from SOG today, the invoice had it listed as a Polish Makarov P64. It has the number 11 and the date 1967 stamped on the slide. Do any of you know anything about the P64's that were made in this time frame, good - bad???

Love the size. Now I know about the DA pull, now that is a pull :o. Can the 64 be carried on half cock?

Will try and get to the range friday. Sorry about all the questions.
xelloss

Up-date

Post by xelloss »

Your P-64 (by date, anyways) should have a round hammer and a slightly less heavy DA pull than the later ones (from what I've been hearing, anyways)... The 11 in an oval is the Warsaw Pact marking for the Radom factory...

As for carrying on half-cock: NO... I'd suggest either carrying with a round in the chamber, hammer down and manually cocking it before use, or doing what I do: carry without one in chamber and rack slide before use...

Hope you enjoy your range time and your new handgun... ;D ;D ;D Also, hope this post helps...

-Mark
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

Up-date

Post by abwehr »

rinao272,

Congratulations on getting your P-64; I think you will be well please at the range today! It is a really accurate and powerful pistol for its size. I think "xelloss" answered your questions the same as I would have. One thing you may not have read on the Forum yet, but one of our Polish members provided us with information that there are Three (3) different variations of the P-64. They are:

"First variations was made from 1964 to 1971 it has round hammer
Second variations was made from 1971 to 1973 it has modified hammer(but still round) and trigger bar( changes are only seen when do you compare two types of parts )
From 1972 this version has "A" stamp on the left side of pistol.
Third variations was made from 1973 to 1977 when the last one was produced . It has triangle hammer."

This puts your 1967 in the First Variation. My 1967 is a very nicely finished pistol with a better than average finish for a Military pistol. I would put is close to a commercial finish.

One of mine is a 1967, and I can say for a fact the DA pull is heavy. I plan to leave this one with the original spring, but my 1977 (it is heavy too) will get a Hammer Spring change very soon and this will help the DA pull a bunch.

Keep us posted of your range trip!
Last edited by abwehr on January 20th, 2006, 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
valkyrie0002

Up-date

Post by valkyrie0002 »

I have a '68. It has a lighter DA than the '74 or '75. I changed all the springs and saved the originals.