Went Looking

Info, pictures, advice...
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

Went Looking

Post by abwehr »

I stopped by my local gun shop to check out his P-64s and he only had one left in stock out of ten. He said they are selling pretty fast.

I was looking for a 1972 date which is the second variation. When I get this one, it will give me a pretty good set for my collection. I am still on the lookout and will find one soon, I HOPE, LOL.
xelloss

Went Looking

Post by xelloss »

Know what you mean, abwehr... I'm still looking for an early model with the circular hammer, lol...

-Mark
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

Went Looking

Post by abwehr »

The last P-64 they had in stock was a 1973 and it had the Triangular Hammer. From what "bartos" has provided us, the 1972 would have the Round Hammer and the improved Fire Control Parts. The 1973 MAY be a Second Variation, but I was not sure so I did not buy it. I need to go back and re-read his posting to make sure. If this one IS a Second Variation, I need to call the gun shop and have them hold it for me.

edit - I went back to check and I need a 1971 or 1972 to get the Second Variation. Here is what "bartos" stated:
"First variations was made from 1964 to 1971 it has round hammer
Second variations was made from 1971 to 1973 it has modified hammer(but still round) and trigger bar( changes are only seen when do you compare two types of parts )
From 1972 this version has "A" stamp on the left side of pistol.
Third variations was made from 1973 to 1977 when the last one was produced . It has triangle hammer."
Last edited by abwehr on January 18th, 2006, 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.