gunboards thread

Info, pictures, advice...
amd6547

gunboards thread

Post by amd6547 »

Just a note, and not to start any flame wars, some of you might like to check out the makarov forum on gunboards. A link was posted there to the thread here "better than Makarov? possible". Some of the response is ridiculous. By the way, I posted there with the name jeff barnes.
"I was so much older than, I'm younger then that now..."
dolang1
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

gunboards thread

Post by dolang1 »

Thanks for the heads-up. I just read the entire thread and enjoyed it emensely. While I was reading, I had a mental picture fo Cruiser giggling at his keyboard.
mongo

gunboards thread

Post by mongo »

don't care. sorry.
triehl27

gunboards thread

Post by triehl27 »

The closed mindedness was the major reason i left gunboards.

I replied anyways.

Ironically the exact same arguments against the p-64 are the exact same arguments that in the 90's discouraged buying a makarov.
amd6547

gunboards thread

Post by amd6547 »

There is a very good reason to care, mongo. I have seen several posts in that forum where individuals have innocently asked about the P64, only to be jumped on by the makarovniks who are always ready to spew in-accurate invective about this fine little pistol. People deserve honest assessment of this firearm, which may well serve their needs better in some situations then the makarov, and at a cheaper price in many cases.
mongo

gunboards thread

Post by mongo »

arguing in internet forums is retarded.

arguing about guns is retarded.

I honestly hope no one else buys these guns and the price drops below 100$ I would like two or three.
kjeff50cal

gunboards thread

Post by kjeff50cal »

arguing in internet forums is retarded.

arguing about guns is retarded.

I honestly hope no one else buys these guns and the price drops below 100$ I would like two or three.
+1 to 1, +1 to 2....... 3 you will have to be in line behind me ;D.
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

gunboards thread

Post by abwehr »

mongo,

A very good post where you stated "arguing in internet forums is retarded" and "arguing about guns is retarded".

As we know all to well, there are folks on Forums that have a total aversion to certain/some firearms. This is OK, but I don't BLAST the firearms I don't like and would not buy. I have read the posting on Gunboards Makarov Forum and some are ridiculous, some are factual, and some are total "fantasy" stories from folks that do not have first hand experience with the P-64.

I feel this group can and will rise above slams some folks spew about the P-64. Most of the folks that make these statements probably have never owned a P-64 and their only interface is at a gun shop. YES, we all know the DA pull is not what we are accustomed to, but you guys have worked out the fix for this area and we can let them know this fact.

We need to monitor the Makarov Forum and when someone makes these derogatory statements, provide factual information and don't try to flame the guys; let them know we DO like the Makarov and think it is a fine pistol too. By doing this, we keep ourselves above them. When someone makes these statements, continue to invite them to this Forum so they can read for themselves factual information about the P-64. If they continue to blast the P-64, that is their opinion and I can respect that, but we as gun owners must stick together regardless of our like or dislikes.

By keeping ourselves civil, we can get more guys that are "on the fence" about a P-64 to check out our Forum. In turn, we don't need to blast the Makarov; it is a fine pistol. Hey, I own three of them myself and I like them, but after finding the P-64, I like it better, and that does not effect the Makarov, it is MY opinion.

Sorry for the long post, but I want us to rise above petty differences of the P-64 vs. the Makarov!
ozarker

gunboards thread

Post by ozarker »

I've been following the thread on Gunboard since it started. I cruise about 3-4 forums everynight. As you can see I don't post that often. I've had my P64 for sometime and thought maybe I was the only one with this very fine CCW weapon. And your right,ask a question on some forums and your immediately attacked. I don't like this..If you can answer the question then do so..If not be quiet..I'm thankful we now have this forum and hope everyone will treat a question like a neighbor. I cruise some SKS, Ruger, & gunboards. Some of these people I recognize their sine don't even bother to read what they have to say.. I hope we all can be brothers in arms...
cruiser

gunboards thread

Post by cruiser »

Thanks for the heads-up. I just read the entire thread and enjoyed it emensely. While I was reading, I had a mental picture fo Cruiser giggling at his keyboard.
Who me? I did see a lot of guys defending the P-64 and agreeing that as another member of the 9x18 Makarov ammo family deserves respect not scorn!
xelloss

gunboards thread

Post by xelloss »

mongo,

A very good post where you stated "arguing in internet forums is retarded" and "arguing about guns is retarded".

As we know all to well, there are folks on Forums that have a total aversion to certain/some firearms. This is OK, but I don't BLAST the firearms I don't like and would not buy. I have read the posting on Gunboards Makarov Forum and some are ridiculous, some are factual, and some are total "fantasy" stories from folks that do not have first hand experience with the P-64.

I feel this group can and will rise above slams some folks spew about the P-64. Most of the folks that make these statements probably have never owned a P-64 and their only interface is at a gun shop. YES, we all know the DA pull is not what we are accustomed to, but you guys have worked out the fix for this area and we can let them know this fact.

We need to monitor the Makarov Forum and when someone makes these derogatory statements, provide factual information and don't try to flame the guys; let them know we DO like the Makarov and think it is a fine pistol too. By doing this, we keep ourselves above them. When someone makes these statements, continue to invite them to this Forum so they can read for themselves factual information about the P-64. If they continue to blast the P-64, that is their opinion and I can respect that, but we as gun owners must stick together regardless of our like or dislikes.

By keeping ourselves civil, we can get more guys that are "on the fence" about a P-64 to check out our Forum. In turn, we don't need to blast the Makarov; it is a fine pistol. Hey, I own three of them myself and I like them, but after finding the P-64, I like it better, and that does not effect the Makarov, it is MY opinion.

Sorry for the long post, but I want us to rise above petty differences of the P-64 vs. the Makarov!
+1000... Very well said, abwehr...

-Mark
onapar

gunboards thread

Post by onapar »

I started out with my Makarov and really liked it a lot and still do. While on the Mak forum I found this one on the P-64 and after following for a while just had to have one. A few times to the range and I decided on the spring fixes and wow what a fine pistol I have now, in my opinion it is a great carry piece I have put my kel-tec 380 in the safe. I have 11 hand guns and like em all and intend to get more when funds allow a few more p-64's in my future. :)
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

gunboards thread

Post by abwehr »

What "onapar" stated is the right! Many of the folks that are Makarov lovers have never tried the P-64; especially with the spring change. I think most would change their mind about it if they did. They still may like the Makarov better, but that is OK too, the P-64 is a fine pistol in its own right.

I think many of the Makarov Forum members resent it being called a "Polish Makarov" when it is NOT a Makarov. I agree with them 100% on this point, it is a Polish P-64 that only fires the 9x18mm Makarov catridge. This is like calling the new Springfield XD-45 pistol a Springfield Colt .45 ACP. My feelings have always been that the P-64 has the merit to stand on its own!
amd6547

gunboards thread

Post by amd6547 »

I don't consider it to be " retarded arguing" to set the record straight. When I was looking into getting a P64, I encountered many negative posts. But, I realized that many were complaints about stiff recoil, which I knew I could live with in a self defense piece. The rest of the complaints seemed so over the top, that I knew there was something else going on. One example was a story someone posted about the slide flying forward off the pistol when he shot it. When I asked how this could possibly happen absent holding the trigger guard down inadvertantly, I never did get a reply.
At the same time, I read a couple posts which said the pistol was accurate and reliable. So, I took a chance.
The point is, when someone does a search on the makarov forum, I want them to get both sides and make their own judgement, just like I did. In my posts there, I tried to be reasonable, factual and polite. The ranting name callers on the other side make the point for the P64.
I also agree that the P64 should never have been described as the "polish makarov".
tunnelrat

gunboards thread

Post by tunnelrat »

Cruiser sent me a heads up on that thread, too. I find it to be somewhat disappointing that the folks there can be so close minded and impolite. I've got a Mak: I shoot it and like it. I've got a P-64, too: I shoot it and like it and carry it...

All the nonsense about the DA pull being heavy is just that -- nonsense. I am pleased that our Polish brethren explained that the heavy hammer spring was designed to deal with the hard primers on their submaching gun ammunition (have I got that right?). Thus the heavy pull.

I made the hammer spring switch tonight (Thank you, Cruiser!). Now the DA pull on my P-64 is about the same as the DA pull on my Mak. I wonder if I should sign on to the Mak forum and tell them that... ;)