Slide change

Info, pictures, advice...
rmeron

Slide change

Post by rmeron »

Can the slides from a 1968 and a 1973 P64 be swapped around and work?
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Slide change

Post by normsutton »

rmeron
I would have to say yes the only deference is the firing pin is longer on the 68 by maybe 1 mm or less

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
garry
Veteran member
Veteran member

Slide change

Post by garry »

Hey Norm,
Will it still function "correctly" with the longer firing pin? Or, does the firing pin also need to be changed with it? Or, can/should the firing pin be altered to make it the correct length?
Will the longer firing pin peirce the primers or is it just floating?
or is it mostly a not an issue at all?
BTW... I was also interested in that Great question by "RMERON", because , I saw the P-64 slides for sale at TNGUNs , and I thought about getting one to "mess with" engraving, maybe .(something small to work on here at my desk).
Anyhoo Norm , I am glad you mentioned the firing pin difference. Let us know what you think .
Thanks Man !!! G
Last edited by garry on April 14th, 2008, 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Slide change

Post by normsutton »

G

they change the length of the firing pin to a shorter pin because of the heaver hammer (triangular hammer) I think that's the reason and I don't think that little deference should be a problem

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Slide change

Post by gunneyrabbit »

Norm, I've never taken the time to thank you for all the super information that you share with the members of the forum. For all you new comers who may not be aware, Norm is the go to gun smith on the forum and you can take his suggestions and answers to the bank. You will see his replies on almost every question regarding the P-64 and other 9x18 pistole's here at the forum. I've never known him to fail to say he doesn't know when he does not know the answer, but he always fallows up that statement with information about where to go on the net to find the answer you are looking for. He is a great asset to this forum and I for one want to thank him for all the great info I have received from him.
G.R..
Last edited by gunneyrabbit on April 15th, 2008, 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
torpeau

Slide change

Post by torpeau »

Norm, I've never taken the time to thank you for all the super information that you share with the members of the forum.
Norm is super!! I'm still planning to get to Lakeland to have him look at a P-64 that locks its slide back every 40 or 50 rounds -- it did it again on Sunday. As you say, Norm's the go-to guy.
"The only time we see the middle of the road
is as we run from side to side." R.O. Clark