Site benefits

Info, pictures, advice...
crzbiker

Site benefits

Post by crzbiker »

When I joined this group I was just curious. Just purchased a P64 at a local shop and had some initial difficulties. Since then, through the members, I have:
1)Changed the brand of ammunition(from Blazer to Wolf) and eliminated half my problems. (I found several recommended sources for 9X18 that really helped out my thin wallet.)
2)Using the recommended Wolf I have changed out the springs ,using both the written and illustrated instructions,and eliminated the other half of my problems.
3)Found both a source for a new holster and an easy design for a pocket holster that really works. A mouse pad!!!
4)Marked my sights with dots recommended here and improved my accuracy about twenty five percent.
5) Downloaded the instruction manual.
AND MORE.

What a great group!!! :-[br]
But one question is left:How the heck do you use those smilies?
Instigator/Conservative Underground
gypsydavy

Site benefits

Post by gypsydavy »

+1 crzbiker

This is also the most civil and friendly gun site I've found.
Thank you gentlemen!

gypsydavy
electross

Site benefits

Post by electross »

CRZbiker, After you hit reply, it goes to a box, ( yes, I know that we all know that) directly above should be a string of "smiley faces". After a sentenance direct your cursor on one of the faces and click on it. If that doesn't work check the boxes below. There is a box that will disable the smiles if its checked, if its checked, un-check it. :) ;) ;D
garry
Veteran member
Veteran member

Site benefits

Post by garry »

Yes indeed, there are alot more benefits that this site provides. There are alot of other topics that you can find helpful in making repairs and plenty of gunsmithing tips from experienced members here. YOUR contributions to this knowlege database is ALSO helpful !
With the addition of the "Other Guns" section, you are now able to find information and parts/repairs manuals, links, etc., for your entire gun collection!!! (if you don't see your gun ~ Just Ask...someone can help find information) THANKS WEBSITE-MAKER GUYS !
When everyone does the "Ammo price alerts", Everyone Benefits ! There are several here that will gladly instruct you in reloading and how to set -up a bench! Just ask ! Some can help you find information about the NRA, or even to get your C&R licenses!!! Just Ask! Usually someone can set you towards the right path of info. within a day or so. Be it Experience, or be it wisdom, these guys are a Great Help! Good Luck ! G
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Site benefits

Post by gunneyrabbit »

crzbiker, I've been with this group of friends for only a short period of time and can attest to the plethora of information that is available on this board. Pretty much anything you need help on can be found here and the folks are more than happy to help you out. Sorry that this comes a little late but welcome aboard.
G.R. ;D
blinddog
Veteran member
Veteran member

Site benefits

Post by blinddog »

This is the best forum I have been on, I have learned more, asked more questions and met more people, good decent people. All I can say is thanks for all the good members that belong to this forum. And Norm is a wizard. :) :)
grayfox
Veteran member
Veteran member

Site benefits

Post by grayfox »

+2 :)
dwd

Site benefits

Post by dwd »

how did you mark your sites with dots?
[url=http://drugstore-onlinecatalog.com/]drugstore-onlinecatalog.com[/url]
crzbiker

Site benefits

Post by crzbiker »

Try nitesiters.com these things glow in the dark and are highly visible under normal light conditions. I also used Testors matte white on my Feg PMK380. It worked pretty good,but my gun oil takes it off sooner or later.
Instigator/Conservative Underground
garry
Veteran member
Veteran member

Site benefits

Post by garry »

Most of ALL !!! THANKS to the TWO FINE MEN whom are responsible for the success of this site and the great job they do of keeping this site a Welcoming place for all of US to share our interests with other like minded Folks from around the GLOBE !!!

!!! 3 cheers !!! to
~~~Dickfunk !!!
and
~~~Abwehr !!!
Thanks Again to You Two Friends !! (We all share YOUR fun in collecting the milsurp stuff because you gave us this Informational database that is a wonderful place to meet.)
BTW, You guys made an easy to use,and a very nice/neat looking webpage here ,and it never seems to run bad or have problems! --Thank You , Thank You, Thank YOU--, for not having that annoying crap going on !!!!! You guys protect this site really well and that is why we come here as a "safe" site to enjoy without getting hammered by adwares and malware S**T !!
GREAT JOB!!
Please, Keep up the excellent work ! Thanks again ! G

And Norm, FIVE BIG CHEERS to YOU ! We all know why ! You Da'Man !!! Thanks for all of your time spent researching and answering all of our questions! You are a MUCH appreciated Man.
Last edited by garry on April 14th, 2008, 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
weetabix

Site benefits

Post by weetabix »

I second the praise for this board. I only visit two boards, and this is one.

Does anybody have a link to the "adding dots to the sights" thread?

ETA: Never mind - I found the threads. Sometimes, you just gotta look. ::)
Last edited by weetabix on April 14th, 2008, 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dwd

Site benefits

Post by dwd »

anybody else use these dots or night sites from this nitesiters.com.
torpeau

Site benefits

Post by torpeau »

anybody else use these dots or night sites from this nitesiters.com.
Yes, I have applied them to several pistols and they are a big help. Just ordered more and will put a set on an RIA 1911. Glow in the dark paint is also helpful. http://glowinc.com/
Last edited by torpeau on April 14th, 2008, 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The only time we see the middle of the road
is as we run from side to side." R.O. Clark
dwd

Site benefits

Post by dwd »

Which paint do you use? I assume the brightest one(Ultra Green v10 Glow in the Dark Paint)?
barnett3006

Site benefits

Post by barnett3006 »

I have the nitesiters dots on my P64 right now, they work pretty good to!! I couldnt get them to stick to my Keltec 380 however. On the keltec I drilled little dimples into the sights and then mixed the Ultra Green v10 Powder with some 30 minute epoxy and filled the dimples with the mixture. I made the dimple on the front sight larger in diameter then the 2 dimple on the rear sight so that the front would pick up faster.