The P64's are different

Info, pictures, advice...
rmeron

The P64's are different

Post by rmeron »

I just noticed that my 68 P64 is a little bigger than my 73. I have a Don Hume JIT for my EG Makarov and both P64's fit nicely,but the 68 is a much snugger fit.I also noticed that the tip of the barrel on the 68 extends out from the slide a little and the 73 doesn't.
Anyone else find this interesting.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

The P64's are different

Post by normsutton »

rmeron

need to see some pix side by side

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

The P64's are different

Post by papabear »

+1 with Norm, I'd need to see pix's. My '68 that I have now is the same size as the '73 I use to have and its the same size as the '76 I still have now. Could it be your '73 is smaller than the rest of the P-64's........ :'(, just kidding, I've had 5 P-64's, 2 '68's, a '69' a'73 and a '76 and they were all the same size, its possible that the trigger guard on one of your P-64's might have come from a different source???

papabear
POINT SHOOTER
tody

The P64's are different

Post by tody »

Hi guys, just picked up my first p-64. Here is what I believe is the reason for the different sizes. I remember reading on wikipedia (in polish) that the military p-64 vs. the police model is 20 grams lighter and has a barrel 8mm longer, is 4mm thiner and 2 mm shorter, 5mm longer overall. It also said the mag will take 1 extra round (sounds like 6+1) and requires 30 Newton less force with the DA which might explain the comments I see stating that "the DA on my p-64 is not that bad on one model but hard on the other". Hope this helps!
As for me I still havent had a chance to shoot the gun much. Currently looking for a good source of some inexpensive ammo. Anyone care to point me in the right direction?
Last edited by tody on April 1st, 2008, 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

The P64's are different

Post by papabear »

tody,

First of all, welcome aboard, glad to have you with us.

Second, you might want to go to this site: http://p64resource.com/ it wouldn't hurt to read it all but scroll down to the History of the P-64 and you will see that the military, police and government security forces used the same CZAK 9x18 pistolet, and that two different prototypes, the model M (milicyjny - police model) and model W (wojskowy - military model). were made that differed in magazine capacity and external dimensions, however, only one was selected. In 1961 CZAK model M was chosen to replace the Russian Tokarev TT-33 pistol as the standard service pistol of the Polish military, police and government security agencies.

papabear
POINT SHOOTER