Start Holding Your Breath

Info, pictures, advice...
orchidhunter

Post by orchidhunter »

After today we can all start holding our breath , for the Supreme Court to render there opinon. They might solve all our ammo and firearms problems, for us. It will be a long few months. orchidhunter Transcript available now at http:www.supremecourtus.gov/oral a...anscripts.html
Last edited by orchidhunter on March 18th, 2008, 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dwd

Post by dwd »

How long will it take?
[url=http://drugstore-onlinecatalog.com/]drugstore-onlinecatalog.com[/url]
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by gunneyrabbit »

Cross your fingers and say a prayer!
G.R.
redfestiva

Post by redfestiva »

I think the final decision is expected in June sometimes.
redfestiva

Post by redfestiva »

Do they thing they could just tell 90,000,000 American gun owners to put their guns on the curb to be picked up like raked leaves?
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by anjdrifter »

from what I heard on news it is going good so far but still one never knows does one.. AP says court agrees on gun ownership the DC decision is still more iffy I think .. check out the story thru AP home page
Last edited by anjdrifter on March 18th, 2008, 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
michaelap

Post by michaelap »

I think the reason no side has taken this to the highest court is that both sides may be afraid of a "new" final ruling. I remember that the supreme court has hurt one of my biggest issues back in the 1970's Know what I mean? after all this time that error has cost us much!
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by gunneyrabbit »

I was listening to Oregon Public Broadcasting all day long, to the reports and recorded clips from todays session, it's pretty obvious that the court is currently leaning in favor of the pro-gun lobby and the peoples right to bare arms. But, don't count the bad guys out just yet, the anti-gun lobby has a lot of cash and support and their arguments will be strong, well reasoned and insightful from their point of view, no matter how wrong headed they are. Time will tell but I never count my chickens before they hatch. Keep the prayers coming, they work.
G.R.
gypsydavy

Post by gypsydavy »

Seems to me that inevitably the individual right must win out. No matter how you read the preamble of those 27 words, the final statement is in the keeping of arms. And the founding fathers spoke clearly about the right of self defense being paramount. And to believe in the "well regulated militia" one must concede that we would then need to be able "keep" military style weaponry.

I also believe that anyone who thinks that Americans could EVER be disarmed is completely out to lunch. Exactly what force would be willing or able?

That being said, I doubt that the court will hand down anything too sweeping. They could however make a strong enough decision to nip future DC type laws in the bud. I feel for folks in DC. I used to live in NY where only the bad guys had handguns but at least we could keep our shotguns loaded!

Gypsydavy
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

Gypsydavy

(I also believe that anyone who thinks that Americans could EVER be disarmed is completely out to lunch. Exactly what force would be willing or able?)

I beieve this to be true TOO

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
himmel
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by himmel »

One note from a lawyer.. The Supremes intentionally narrowed the issue in this case as much as they could to limit the precedential value either way....
mecenas

Post by mecenas »

If you carefully listened to arguments and then the questions asked by the Justices and, if you also read any comments by those lawyers who practiced in front of the High Court you can be reasonably sure that the total ban on handguns in DC will be overturned, but the 5 to 4 decision will stress the importance of the current firearm regulations - both federal and state and nothing more will be gained, unless, of course you live in DC.

One hope I have is that the core of this upcoming decision will finally put to rest the ridiculous argument that the right of the people to bear arms in the Second Amendment is applicable to a "regulated militia" only. If that happens then we will all be able to breath easier.
redfestiva

Post by redfestiva »

They need to define "reasonable restrictions". This cannot be trusted to common sense. The DC mayor and police chief think that they already have reasonable restrictions, you can keep and bear arms as long as you have no hand guns and all long guns are disassembled, so what's the problem? :o
blinddog
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by blinddog »

I have been keeping up with this myself. The way it appears to be leaning is in our favor.(could be wrong). I think these politicians have finally discovered for themselves that not letting the general public own or posess a fire arm just did not cut down on crime. Imagine that!! :(
fritzhund

Post by fritzhund »

I am going to carry a baseball bat from now on.

I'll make sure that I have a ball, a glove, and wear a Phillies uniform, just in case someone figures me for a criminal.

Is the National Pastime next as well?

;)

fritzhund
Last edited by fritzhund on March 19th, 2008, 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"
Hunter S. Thompson: Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas