Welcome!

Info, pictures, advice...
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Welcome!

Post by dfunk »

Welcome to The Unofficial P-64 Resource Message Board! Hopefully this area will provide useful input form P-64 users to potential buyers and enthusiasts. Please register to view all categories of this board. Feel free to start new threads and post replies to anything here. Thanks for visiting!
raypol

Welcome!

Post by raypol »

Thanks for starting this one up. I have been following the P64 discussions on the Makarov forum and they get drowned out by the "I shot mine today" discussions about Maks.

Raypol
Houston, TX
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

Welcome!

Post by abwehr »

A nice looking website that I found! I bought one of the P-64 pistols about 2 weeks ago and it is in mint condition. Now I will have a place to come to for discussions on the pistol!!!
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Welcome!

Post by dfunk »

Thanks for starting this one up. I have been following the P64 discussions on the Makarov forum and they get drowned out by the "I shot mine today" discussions about Maks.
That they do. We need a little haven that isn't so general to other guns.
A nice looking website that I found!
Thanks! I'll be updating it as necessary, so be sure to spread the word and check back often.
mark076

Welcome!

Post by mark076 »

Nice website. Thanks for starting a website about the P64. ;)
ozarker

Welcome!

Post by ozarker »

Yes, thanks for the forum. I've had my P64 for over a year. Got it quite by accident. I had just heard about a Mak and thought that was what I was buying.. Then I got cable (instead of dialup) and started looking for info. At first nothing.. Now if you find anything its on the Mak forums and they don't like that. Seems each type has their promoters and thats as it should be. I also have a Ruger and B92. Like them all. Would I want to go into war with the P64..No Would I want to carry it as a LEO.. No... Do I like it as a CCW weapon.. Very much I'm not a LEO (to old :-)...But would I carry it as a backup .. Yes I would. I haven't done anything yet to the trigger, but if it was ever needed that trigger would get pulled. Oh! found out on a oforum they modified the trigger with a spring from Wolff a PPK.. Thanks again I hope this forum bills and is successful as the Mak.. Serves them right ;-)
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Welcome!

Post by dfunk »

ozarker -
The replacement of the Wolff mainspring can be found here or go to the home page http://p64.home.insightbb.com. From there go to Modifications/Fixes. We even have step by step instructions with very nice pictures. Thanks for joining!
b52stan

Welcome!

Post by b52stan »

Read on another board that the Wollf spring was a PPK replacement that wasn't the exact diameter needed.

Is this one really an exact P-64 replacement? Has anyone tried it?
montanman

Welcome!

Post by montanman »

I keep my 64 in a handy spot near my fav sitting spot,so I stopped worrying about the double action, if I put the safty on but not to the point it drops the hammer it disconects the trigger and then just an easy snap up and it's talking...think it's a nice investment , cheap insurance, keep the "things" at bay until I get to the real "thing" disposal tools, good to have a place for the orphan 64 fans...thanks...
daysleeper

Welcome!

Post by daysleeper »

Great site. So hard to get info on this weapon. I just bought mine in October and it's my first gun, and I suspect it'll be my last since I just got it for protection. I'll never be a gun collector or an expert but I like to know a lot about things I own.

I guess I'm a bit of a sucker because I called ahead and the gun store guy told me he had a "Mak" that was ambidexterous. I checked w/my gun advisor and he said the Mak was good, and when I go to pick it up the dealer shows me the stamp and sells me the p64. Hard to get mad because the gun is so cool even if it is a little rough around the edges. Not really ambi either because their is a small thumbrest on one side. Not a problem but one day I'd like to replace the grip.

Good work, Dickfunk. Thx and keep this site rockin'.
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Welcome!

Post by dfunk »

Thanks daysleeper. We've been growing ever since I put all of it together. Some people tend to stay away from boards with little activity, but you guys are keeping it busy. Keep it up! Did you look at the interactive map? HERE
erehwesle

Welcome!

Post by erehwesle »

Well, all I've followed this over from the Firing Line, its nice to have a place to discuss our Polish pistol without an excess of whining over the DA pull every ten minutes!

I'm glad there are some out there who enjoy this nice gun as much as I do, and I look forward to trading information.

Best,

erehwesle...
dolang1
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Welcome!

Post by dolang1 »

Thanks for starting this forum. My brother and I went to a gun show to buy a pair of Maks and the P-64s were on the same table. We left with our Polish makarovs satisfied that we had made the right choice, smaller, newer, almost the same price, and all around better looking gun. Then I got a spanking on a forum and was informed that I had a P-64. I still don't own a Makarov so I don't have an opinion but I sure like this pistol. Of all of the hanguns I have this is the one that lives by the door. Thanks again, Don
jwvette42

Welcome!

Post by jwvette42 »

Thanks from myself as well. I went to a local gun show in the Metroplex area and saw a P-64. When I first saw it I loved the size, looks, and feel of the gun. After shooting 300 rounds through it I love it (after adding the Houge grip).
hawkerjim

Welcome!

Post by hawkerjim »

Can anyone tell me the significance of the circled no. 11 on the slide?

Hawkerjim