Latest Acquisition from Classic

Info, pictures, advice...
GuitarmanNick

Latest Acquisition from Classic

Post by GuitarmanNick » November 7th, 2018, 4:46 pm

Anyone looking to add another P-64 to the arsenal, the one that I just received from Classic appears unfired and is in excellent condition. I did not pay for "hand select" this time, and got one that is as close to "mint" as I have seen.

I haven't cleaned it up yet, but I am very happy. It is also the same year as the first one I got from them. :D

Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Re: Latest Acquisition from Classic

Post by Curly1 » November 8th, 2018, 5:37 pm

Post pics for our viewing pleasure.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary

GuitarmanNick

Post by GuitarmanNick » November 8th, 2018, 10:47 pm

Here it is after I cleaned it up.
NoisyCricket2.jpg
I think that these were refurbished at some point. The barrel and feed ramp was pristine. The first patch through came out clean!
The slide stop spring was installed upside down which made it a pain to remove. On the inside of the slide stop, the number from another gun was engraved in it by hand. The hammer strut had some rough spots on it, but it cleaned up okay with a file and some polishing. Looks like mostly new parts with a few reused parts.

The SA trigger is a very nice 3 lbs. and the DA is high, but not bad compared to my other P-64. Feels a little higher than my S&W Model 10. My scale only goes up to 8 lbs. and I am guessing it is around a 12 lb. pull on DA.

Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 » November 9th, 2018, 2:09 pm

Looks nice!
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary

Wonabe

Post by Wonabe » November 14th, 2018, 6:40 pm

Dang, wish I would have came here before I bit the bullet and ordered another. Gun looks nice but what a butt ugly billboard import mark, never would have bought if I knew they stopped putting the small import mark on the underside. It's Classic though, shouldn't be surprised. If it was the small import mark I'm sure it'd be like last time were they typed a whole paragraph toting "discrete import mark!!". They really need to start showing pics of both sides, ran into the same issue with their Cheetah except it was a HUGE, WHITE color filled rollmark

GuitarmanNick

Post by GuitarmanNick » November 15th, 2018, 1:22 pm

Wonabe, you are right about the import mark being a billboard. Since I purchased these to be shooters, and it is doubtful that any of them have any real historical significance, I was looking more for reliability and concealment.

For my needs, these are a good value. If you are looking for a collector's piece, these are not the P-64's you are looking for.