"new" p-64 mags look a little different...

Info, pictures, advice...
DanMac

"new" p-64 mags look a little different...

Post by DanMac »

Hi guys, new guy here.
Have owned a p 64 for about a year. Just ordered some mags from classic firearms, however the new ones look slightly different than the ones I already had. The new ones have a metal floor plate sandwiched between the magazine body and the pinky extension that is full length. The old ones have a metal floor plate but it does not go the full length of the plastic pinky extension it stops short about 3 mm, simply a small gap between the magazine body and the pinky extension with the metal plate sandwiched in between. Any particular reason in this? is one magazine style older or newer than the other perhaps?
Weasel640
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Re: "new" p-64 mags look a little different...

Post by Weasel640 »

Please post pictures of all the components of your Magazines, both batches. Also where did you get the other (first) batch of Magazines from? There have been a few different variations noted. Most of the differences noted revolve around the Feed Lips and the Follower.

There has been a debate as to the validity of certain Magazines being "Original". Some believe that there is a pre-72 and post-72 variation of magazines. Others believe that the later ones are aftermarket. Regardless these Pistols are Military Surplus that were in service for over nearly two decades, there is bound to be some variation.
Weasel

When you vote, you are exercising political authority, you're using force. And force my friends is violence.
DanMac

Post by DanMac »

I'm new here and not exactly sure how to post pics. I'll look around here and see if I can find some instructions. Meantime, I'm pretty sure that all the magazines I have are indeed original Surplus magazines, they all have serial numbers and look exactly the same, except for the floor plate deal. The older ones I have came with the gun.
Weasel640
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by Weasel640 »

Here you go just make sure the courser is where you want the picture in your post when you click "Place inline". There might be a max size but I'm not sure what. Generally the max size if any on forums is 1 MB or less.
1.PNG
2.PNG
3.PNG
3.PNG (9.26 KiB) Viewed 9772 times
Weasel

When you vote, you are exercising political authority, you're using force. And force my friends is violence.
DanMac

Post by DanMac »

Thanks, but apparently my pics are too large.
Weasel640
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by Weasel640 »

DanMac wrote: January 18th, 2018, 12:20 pm Thanks, but apparently my pics are too large.
On you computer Right Click the file, select "Edit". It will open in Paint. Near the top left there is a button that says "Resize" Click that change the size to 75%. Then Save as a different name. If it's still to big do the same thing but select 50%.

If that doesn't work, then I can't help you. Or if you are on a Mac, get a PC...
Weasel

DanMac

Post by DanMac »

Let's see...
Attachments
20180115_171243-1512x2016.jpg
DanMac

Post by DanMac »

First pic was one of the "new" ones.
Next is example of first batch, one matching serial number...
DanMac

Post by DanMac »

20180115_171312-1512x2016.jpg
DanMac

Post by DanMac »

Thanks for the help!
Weasel640
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by Weasel640 »

I have not seen anything like the first one that you attached, the "New" batch. So I did an image search. I found the below image the description is of "all" factory original from "Lucznik Arms Factory in Radom, Poland". In this picture the one on the right looks to have the same type of floor plate as your "New" batch one. It also looks to have a different follower as well. Have you compared the two followers on yours? Also what about the feed lips?

I'd say that they are probably examples of the later style Polish Military Surplus Magazines that there has already been a debate about. Let us know how they perform.

Weasel